University Transfer Programs

Since most professional flying careers require a four-year degree, many of our students transfer to universities after receiving their A.S. degree. Although you can transfer without completing all of the A.S. degree requirements, your future job potential will benefit from the A.S. degree. In some instances (such as the MSAC-SIU, and CSU Los Angeles), the A.S. degree provides advanced standing and fewer general education courses. The Mt SAC A.S. Aeronautics degree is well known nationally.

Although the four-year degree is the desired credential for employment as a professional pilot, aviation employers do not specifically require that the degree be in aviation. Many of our students choose to major in a business management program or a technical field as a backup to their aviation career plans. Your selection of a four-year degree program (whether in aviation or another field) should be determined by individual considerations.

Some of the popular transfer programs that attract our students include:

Students planning to enter such aviation programs should consult our Counseling Office in the Student Center early in their studies to assure that appropriate courses are taken in the proper sequence. Stanley Mbuthi is the aviation counselor for transfer matters, but all counselors are well qualified to help you.


Mt. San Antonio College

1100 N. Grand Ave., Walnut, CA 91789
Phone: 909.274.7500 • VPhone: 909.895.6634
For emergencies, call Campus Police: 909.274.4555 Ι Text-A-Tip: 909.274.9560

Copyright © 1989- • Mt. San Antonio College. All Rights Reserved.


All college-printed materials and Web info are available in alternative formats upon request.
Contact Disabled Student Programs & Services: 909.274.4290 or TTY 909.594.3447.

The 504/508 ADA Coordinators are located in Bldg. 4–1460 and can be contacted at 909.274.4225.