Technology and Health Division
In keeping with Section 1429 of the Board of Registered Nursing Rules and Regulations, completion of this certificate program entitles the student to apply for examination for licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California. This option is specifically designed for California licensees. Other states do not have this provision in their laws; therefore, endorsement for licensure may not be granted.
A certificate of completion is awarded at the end of the course of study. The student who elects to complete the 30-Unit Option track is not a graduate of the Associate in Science Degree Nursing Program at Mt. San Antonio College. Individuals who complete this track are not eligible to return to the college at a later date to complete a degree in nursing. LVN applicants must declare their educational goal at the time of application (30-Unit or Associate Degree). This decision is not subject to change at a later date.
- An overall grade point average of 2.5 for the Human Anatomy, Human Physiology and Microbiology prerequisite courses with no grade less than a “C” for each course and no more than one repetition of any one of these courses.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 for all college coursework completed.
- Eligibility for MATH 110 or MATH 110H or MATH 130
- High school graduation or GED or academic degree from an accredited college/university in the United States.
- Possess a current, active California Licensed Vocational Nurse license.
- A physical examination, including specific immunizations is required of all candidates prior to the beginning of nursing classes.
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification
- Criminal background check and drug screening must be completed prior to any patient contact
- Nursing 70: Role Transition must be completed with a credit grade prior to entrance into the program. (NURS 70: Role Transition – Due to the clinical component of NURS 70, applicants must submit their names to the Nursing Office for approval prior to enrollment in this course. Applicants must have completed all prerequisite courses prior to taking NURS 70. Applicants must provide proof of current Vocational Nurse License, physical, CPR card, Background Check, and drug testing prior to the start of class.)
|Psychiatric Nursing 1
|Medical-Surgical Nursing: Circulation and Oxygenation
|Leadership in Nursing
|Medical-Surgical Nursing: Integration/Regulation
|Preceptorship in Nursing