Developmental Education Study Team (DEST)
Who we are:
Mt. SAC faculty, administrators, and staff interested in helping all students succeed by using, researching, and sharing Developmental Education principles.
What we do:
- Educate ourselves and others regarding current educational research.
- Plan the annual Inspired Teaching Conference (formerly known as Parachutes & Ladders Developmental Education Conference).
- Design and facilitate professional development workshops.
- Facilitate the selection of the recipient of the Debbie Boroch Developmental Educator of the Year Award.
- Participate in activities focused on helping all students succeed.
When & Where:
1st Tuesday of the Month, 1:15pm to 2:45pm, Building 6, Room 133
Additional meetings scheduled as needed.
Dianne Rowley at email@example.com or (909)274-6223
Jannie Ma at firstname.lastname@example.org or (909)274-3337
Martha Hall at email@example.com or (909)274-6381
"We take the stand that remedial or basic skills coursework refers to re-teaching skills previously taught, while developmental coursework refers to teaching skills and concepts not previously taught...[to adults]"
— David Caverly, Ph.D.