Student Grievances

Complaints and Grievances

Students are protected against capricious, arbitrary, unreasonable, unlawful, false, malicious or professionally inappropriate evaluations or behavior by a faculty member, a staff member, an administrator or an official of the College or another student.  Student complaints may be classified as grievances and fall into one of three categories: Academic, Non-Academic, and Discrimination. The forms and procedures for academic and non-academic grievances are located at:

Student Grievance Form

Issues that are not resolved at the campus level may be presented to the State of California using the State Complaint Process. Students are encouraged to follow the Mt. San Antonio College Complaint and Grievance process before attempting to file a complaint with the State. To file a complaint with the State of California, use the following web site:

State of California Complaint Form

Academic Grievances

Academic Grievances involve grade disputes. If a student files a grievance relative to a grade, he/she must prove that “mistake, fraud, bad faith, or incompetency” is the reason for the grade assignment. The student must follow the Academic Grievance process at the following website:

Student Grievance Form

*If your complaint is associated with the institution's compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards, ACCJC is the agency that accredits the academic programs of the California Community Colleges. ACCJC Complaint Process

Non-Academic Grievances

Grounds for non-academic grievances include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • Any act or threat of intimidation.
  • Any act or threat of physical aggression.
  • Arbitrary action, violation of student rights, or imposition of sanctions without proper regard to College policy as specified in the Education Code, Board Policy, and/or Administrative Procedures.

Non-academic grievance form and process are located at:

Student Grievance Form

Discrimination Complaints

Students wishing to file complaints based upon discrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, color, or physical or mental disability and any other category of unlawful discrimination should contact Lorraine Y. Jones, Director EEO Programs, Human Resources Office, Building 4, Room 1460, 909-274-4225. To file a formal written complaint of unlawful discrimination, students must use the approved form available at the Human Resource Office or at the California Community College Chancellors Office website:

 Discrimination Information

Mt. San Antonio College

1100 N. Grand Ave., Walnut, CA 91789
Phone: 909.274.7500 • TTY: 909.594.3447
For emergencies, call Campus Police: 909.274.4555 Ι Text-A-Tip: 909.274.9560

Copyright © 1989- • Mt. San Antonio College. All Rights Reserved.


All college-printed materials and Web info are available in alternative formats upon request.
Contact Disabled Student Programs & Services: 909.274.4290 or TTY 909.594.3447.

The 504/508 ADA Coordinators are located in Bldg. 4–230 and can be contacted at 909.274.4225.