Welcome to the Learning Assistance Center (LAC)
This student resource is a part of the Library & Learning Resources Division.
About the LAC
|About Tutoring||About LAC Classes||Learning Lab||About Testing Center||About LARC Tutoring|
|Our free Tutorial Services programs strive to help students become independent, engaged learners.||We offer a comprehensive set of courses in reading, writing, math, study techniques, and tutor training.||Learn about the Learning Lab computer center, technology that students can access, andthe location of other computer labs around campus.||Area for students to take make-up exams or tests for on-campus and distance learning classes.||LARC (Learning Assistance Resource Center) helps students with LERN classes in Math, Reading, and Writing.|
Information for Students
Students should be aware of the following policies and procedures that they need to follow to receive help at the LAC:
- Please have your Mt. SAC ID and materials for your assignment.
- Follow Mt. SAC Standards of Conduct policy, which can be found in the Schedule of Classes and the college catalog.
- Maintain a good study environment.
- keep all LAC areas quiet and focused on learning.
- Respect others and respect any materials and equipment provided to you.
- Be aware that the LAC is not responsible for damage to storage devices, loss of data, or personal belongings.
- All food and drink stay outside of LAC in order to keep the LAC clean.
- To serve the needs of all students, time for tutoring or technical assistance is limited--thanks for understanding!
|Location||Bldg. 6, Lower Level (south entrance)|
Meet Our Staff
Click here to meet our professors, adjunct faculty, and classified staff.
Information for Faculty and Staff
The Learning Assistance Center is a support service for students, but faculty often facilitate the relationship with students. Here you can find information and forms that faculty may need to enable their students' use of the LAC. The faculty and staff of the LAC can also find information they need here:
|Resources for Faculty using LAC Services||Resources for LAC Faculty|
|Online Service Requests||Calendar and Minutes|
|How to Use the Testing Center||Committees & Resources|
|LARC Notification Form||Employment Opportunities|
LAC Philosophy & Mission
The LAC believes in a research-based, holistic approach to scaffolding students to independent learning through engagement in reflection, critical thinking, technology, and discovery within a safe, supportive student-centered environment. The Learning Assistance Center’s mission is to:
- provide a varied and supportive learning environment, through use of resources and instruction
- assist and encourage students in the transition to successful academic and personal growth necessary for independent learning.