Purpose & Function
The Insurance Committee investigates and makes recommendations to the Vice President, Administrative Services regarding comprehensive, cost-effective medical, dental, vision, life and related fringe benefit programs for the employees and retirees of the College.
The Function of the Insurance Committee is:
- To discuss compliance with Federal, State, and local laws and regulations affecting employee and retiree health benefits
- To study and make recommendations to employee groups regarding health plans and related fringe benefit programs
- To participate in the gathering and dissemination of information regarding health benefit programs and related issues
- To discuss health and insurance policies and provide recommendations
- To plan and organize annual open enrollment meetings and health fair
- To provide communications to employees and retirees of the campus community on health insurance and other voluntary programs.