Institutional Effectiveness Committee
Purpose & Function
The Institutional Effectiveness Committee is responsible for recommending processes related to institutional planning and assessment, evaluation, and coordinating activities leading to improvement of institutional effectiveness.
- To support ongoing connections between unit planning activities and institutional planning processes.
- To encourage the use and analysis of standard data reports (TracDat and Argos) needed to support effective planning and evaluation activities at the academic department level and provide guidance to non-academic departments.
- To recommend systematic mechanisms to assess the institution's progress toward meeting its goals.
- To conduct annual review of Planning for Institutional Effectiveness (PIE) results
in order to:
- assess the institution's unified progress toward its goals; and
- to make recommendations regarding either the creation of new or the revision of existing College goals.
- To conduct annual reviews of the forms, process, tools, and reporting format for institutional program review (PIE).
- To inform the campus about institutional effectiveness efforts.
- To plan annually for systematic documentation of institutional planning efforts.
- To assure the College's effectiveness in supporting academic quality and accomplishment of mission.