Purpose & Function
The purpose of the Equivalency Committee is to collect and review new and amended Equivalencies to Minimum Qualifications for all faculty in all disciplines consistent with requirements and guidelines established by the Board of Governors and Statewide Academic Senate, and to make recommendations to the Curriculum & Instruction Council regarding the acceptance of these changes to established College equivalencies.
The function of the Equivalency Committee is:
- To make recommendations to the Curriculum & Instruction Council in accordance with the requirements and guidelines established by the Board of Governors, the Statewide Academic Senate, and local Administrative Procedures.
- To collect, review, and record existing criteria, policies, and procedures relative to Equivalencies to Minimum Qualifications for all credit and non-credit faculty in all disciplines offered by the College.
- To collaboratively involve stakeholders such as department chairs, division deans, program directors, and Human Resources personnel.
- To collect, review and evaluate proposed changes to existing College equivalencies.
- To maintain a system to communicate appropriate and necessary information to the Human Resources Office for formal recording and filing.
- To maintain a formal system by which the implementation of equivalencies can be monitored.