Educational Design Committee
Purpose & Function
The Educational Design Committee serves as a standing committee of the Curriculum & Instruction Council. The mission of the Educational Design Committee is to facilitate consistency in the quality of curriculum management and to ensure that all general education courses meet the intent of Title 5 regulations.
The Function of the Educational Design Committee is:
- Report and make recommendations to the Academic Senate via Curriculum and Instruction to include:
- Review of new and amended credit and non-credit course content and associated required technical information under Title 5.
- Review of new and amended courses as they relate to majors and certificates and transfer.
- Coordination of course proposals and review as appropriate.
- Appropriate requisites
- Review and make recommendations regarding general education courses via Educational Design Subcommittee for GE and Transfer Issues.
- Educate and train the faculty on procedures in requesting general education course approval.
- Implement the general education philosophy on campus by systematically reviewing all general education lists.
- Approve reports for CSU and UC for recommendations to Curriculum & Instruction Council.
- Recommend policy changes pertaining to curricular issues.
- Implement state regulations and guidelines pertaining to the curriculum development process:
- Train committee members, faculty, division deans, staff as appropriate
- Maintain and provide regulations update
- Disseminate information
- Review courses and programs maintaining compliance with external and internal policies.