|Michelle Sampat||Curriculum Liaison/Co-Chair||2015-16||Academic Senate|
|Joumana McGowan||Associate Vice President of Instruction/Co-Chair||Ongoing||Instruction|
|Liza Becker||Dean, School of Continuing Education||Ongoing||Instruction|
|Jean Metter||Assistant Curriculum Liaison||2015-17||Academic Senate|
|Jamaika Fowler||Articulation Officer||Ongoing||Academic Senate|
|Melissa Macias||Faculty - Arts||2015-18||Academic Senate|
|Robert Bowen||Faculty - Arts||2015-18||Academic Senate|
|Cecilia Thay||Faculty - Business||2015-18||Academic Senate|
|Jennifer Olds||Faculty - Humanities||2013-16||Academic Senate|
|Julie Laverty||Faculty - Humanities||2015-18||Academic Senate|
|Ron Kamaka||Faculty - Kinesiology||2015-18||Academic Senate|
|Donna Necke||Faculty - Non-Credit||2015-18||Academic Senate|
|Dianne Rowley||Faculty - Library Learning Resources||2015-18||Academic Senate|
|Malcolm Rickard||Faculty - Natural Sciences||2015-18||Academic Senate|
|Karol Ritz||Faculty - Kinesiology||2013-16||Academic Senate|
|Tim Engle||Faculty - Student Services||2015-18||Academic Senate|
|Randy Wilson||Faculty - Student Services||2015-18||Academic Senate|
|Pauline Swartz||Faculty - Library Learning Resources||2013-16||Academic Senate|
|Bruce Nixon||Faculty - Technology and Health||2014-17||Academic Senate|
|Carolina Navarro||Student Representative||2015-16||Academic Senate|
Educational Design Committee
The Educational Design Committee serves as a standing committee of the Curriculum & Instruction Council. The mission of the Educational Design Committee is to facilitate consistency in the quality of curriculum management and to ensure that all general education courses meet the intent of Title 5 regulations.
The Educational Design Committee serves as a standing committee of the Curriculum and Instruction Council. The mission of the Educational Design Committee is to facilitate consistency in the quality of curriculum management and to ensure that all courses and programs meet the intent of Title 5 regulations.
- Report and make recommendations to the Academic Senate via Curriculum and Instruction
- Review of new and amended credit and non-credit course content and associated required technical information under Title 5
- Review of new and amended credit and non-credit programs and the associated required technical information under Title 5
- Review of new and amended courses as they relate to majors and certificates, degrees, and transfer
- Coordination of course proposals and review, as appropriate
- Appropriate requisites.
- Review courses and programs maintaining compliance with external and internal policies.
- Recommend policy changes pertaining to curricular issues.
- Implement State regulations and guidelines pertaining to the curriculum development
- Train committee members, faculty, division deans, and staff, as appropriate
- Maintain and provide regulations updates
- Disseminate information.
- Review and make recommendations regarding transfer status and general education courses
via Educational Design Subcommittee for General Education and Transfer Issues
- Educate and train faculty on procedures in requesting general education course approval.
- Implement the general education philosophy on campus by systematically reviewing all general education lists.
- One committee member from each division will attend division meetings to report on courses that are being reviewed.
Office of Instruction
F 7:30 A.M. -4:30 P.M.