Curriculum and Instruction Council
Purpose & Function
The purpose of the Curriculum and Instruction Council is to make recommendations about educational design and delivery policies and procedures to the Academic Senate.
- To recommend academic policies, procedures, and guidelines related to curriculum and assessment; the granting of credit, degree, certificate and general education requirements; and other related issues, such as Administrative Procedures.
- To review and make recommendations regarding the appropriateness and need of proposed credit and noncredit programs and courses within programs.
- To review and make recommendations regarding fee-based offerings.
- To recommend instructional priorities for the College.
- To review and forward recommendations from Educational Design Committee, Educational Design Subcommittee for General Education and Transfer Issues, Distance Learning Committee, and Outcomes Committee to the Academic Senate.
- To review and recommend associate degree requirements, CSU general education certification, and IGETC requirements.