Basic Skills Coordinating Committee
Purpose & Function
The Purpose of the Basic Skills Coordinating Committee (BSCC) is to provide for oversight and coordination of campus-wide efforts to strengthen and improve the delivery of basic skills instruction and services for students. The Basic Skills Coordinating Committee makes recommendations to the Curriculum & Instruction Council of the Academic Senate and to other campus entities concerning the planning, coordination and delivery of basic skills instruction and services.
The function of BSCC is:
- To develop and recommend actions that may be taken on an institutional level to improve basic skills.
- To conduct long and short-range planning for campus-wide basic skills efforts in connection with the Basic Skills Initiative (BSI).
- To direct and review ongoing assessment data concerning the effectiveness of basic skills funded projects and make recommendations for use of this data to improve outcomes.
- To provide a forum for cross-disciplinary examination of effective practices for basic skills instruction and services, and to promote dissemination of effective practices to the campus.
- To make recommendations for the allocation of basic skills resources.