"The Morphologies of Tyler Stallings and Naida Osline"
The Morphologies of Tyler Stallings & Naida Osline presents two concurrent ten-year surveys of works by each artist. Stallings and Osline are husband and wife, a relationship that forms a subtext to the exhibition, suggesting an inherent dialogue between the two as they work side by side in their studios. Stallings is a figurative painter and Osline a photo-based artist. Despite their different media, both explore the body in a state of transformation. Both artists have had several solo exhibitions and have exhibited throughout the U.S. and internationally. This will be their first major exhibition that features their works together and explores affinities between the works.
- December 4, 2007 – January 31, 2008
- Artists: Tyler Stallings and Naida Osline
- Artist Talk: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 4-5 p.m.
- Artist Reception: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 5-7:30 p.m.
"Jewels of Color: Plein Air Paintings by Betty J. Billups"
Betty J. Billups travels all over the country masterfully capturing the essence of each scene with the vibrant colors only found in nature. With over 30 years of experience, Betty was recently commissioned to paint a mural for Mt. SAC's new Founders Hall. In her work Betty seeks to capture "an inner feeling, a moment in time so quickly passing, a moment that is beyond words, almost beyond thought. It is this special moment that excites me, that drives me to risk even failure, if I can but capture only a fraction of what I see and feel, from this wonderful thing we call life."
- September 25 – October 25, 2007
- Artist: Betty J. Billups
- Artist Talk & Reception: Thursday, September 20, 2007, 3-6 p.m.
- Special Events & Materials: Artist Lecture
"Eva Kolosvary-Stupler: A Retrospective Exhibition"
- April 3 — May 17, 2007
- Artist: Eva Kolosvary-Stupler
- Articles: ArtWeek, Artdaily.org, Daily Breeze, Peninsula News
- Special Events & Materials: Artist Lecture, Catalog.
Tuesday - Thursday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Tuesday Evenings 5 to 7:30 p.m.
Closed Friday through Monday
Mt. San Antonio College Art Gallery
1100 N. Grand Avenue
Walnut, CA 91789
Parking: $4/Day or Parking Permit