The Animal Science program at Mt. San Antonio College is one of the largest in California and the most comprehensive in Southern California. The College serves Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange and Riverside counties. Located in Los Angeles County, which is one of the largest dollar volume counties, utilizing animal products in the world.
The Mt. SAC Animal Science program provides students with many benefits, including:
- A practical approach to Animal Science with hands on experience and interaction with the animal science industry. We use local industries for numerous field trips and job placement
- Diverse class scheduling allows individuals to maintain employment while studying towards a degree or certificate. Most classes are offered in block mode (meet one or two days per week)
- Work experience programs where students can earn units of credit while gaining on-the-job experience
- Individualized and personalized instruction with low student-to-teacher ratio.
- Full- and Part-time faculty with nearly 100 years of practical industry experience.
- Students Assist with the production and marketing of animals produced on the 250 acre school farm maintained by the College. Most of the land is used to produce feed for the animals raised by the College.
Students who are considering transferring to a four-year degree program can earn an Associate in Science Degree in Animal Science with specialization in Livestock and Horse Ranch Management, Pet Science, and Agri-Technology. In addition, our program offers certificates in Livestock Management, Horse Ranch Management and Pet Science.
"Fall Into Ag" Festival and Pumpkin Patch- Oct 28-30, 5-8pm at the Equine Unit (F8)
- Farm Day - Saturday May 2, 2015 - 9am-2pm
- Ag Banquet - Friday, May 29, 2015 - 6-10pm
Additional Calendar Events