Career and Professional Development
- Water Technology Program
This program is an intensive education for anyone seeking to enter the field of potable water treatment, water distribution, or cross-connection control. Program courses provide the training required for employment at a municipal water district, private water utility, or city water department.
Upon completion of the program, students will have gained the knowledge necessary to successfully pass the CDPH Water Treatment Operator Certification Exams ( T1-T3 ), Water Distribution Operator Certification Exams ( D1-D3 ), and Cross-Connection Control Certified Specialist and Tester Exams offered by the American Water Works Association (AWWA) and various County Health Departments.
The 40-hour courses offered through this program satisfy the educational requirements of the CDPH for both specialized training and continuing education training . Program courses include:
- Introduction to Water Systems
- Water Treatment
- Water Distribution-Introduction to Water Resources
- Water Distribution-Water Hydraulics and Water Management
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester
- Cross Connection Control Program Specialist
Depending on the level of certification being sought, students may take one or all of the courses offered through this program. The courses are typically offered during Fall and Spring semesters and periodically during Summer and Winter inter-sessions. Courses cover such topics as: water math and chemistry, laboratory procedures, water sources, groundwater and surface water supplies, reservoir management, water treatment plant processes, disinfection, Safe Drinking Water Act, corrosion control, iron and manganese control, fluoridation, water softening, C*T concepts, distribution system hydraulics, water sampling and bacteriological testing, water wells, cross-connection control, backflow devices, water tanks, water meters, valves, pumps, motors, pipeline installation and operation, and safety procedures.
- Notary Public Seminar
BECOME A NOTARY IN ONE DAY (First time Notaries)
Start your own business, become a more valuable employee, provide customer service for your business or organization, earn additional income and get recommissioned. This intensive one-day seminar is designed to equip you with everything you need to know to become an effective Notary. You will find out about new legislation as well as how to pass the official Notary exam (must be taken every 4 years), identify document signers, keep a journal, fill out certificates and avoid lawsuits. The class includes a practice Notary Public Exam.
Renewing Notaries –3 Hour State Required Seminar
As of January 2009, Renewing Notaries may take a three hour Approved Notary Refresher course. We will review all laws and regulations you are required to know to continue as a Notary. You must take the exam and be fingerprinted again. Six hour approved course must be taken first.
Cooperative Personnel Services will register you for the exam from 4:15pm to 5:00 pm. The exam will be from 5:00 pm –6:00 pm.
New and Renewing Notaries bring the following:
1) A $40 check made payable to ”Secretary of State”;
2) Proper ID – current driver's license with photo or state issued ID card
3) Two #2 pencils.
4) 2 X 2 passport color photo
Live Scan Fingerprints required after you pass the exam.
Serious conviction may disqualify applicant.
Presented by Notary Public Seminars, Inc ., who has been a leading public course provider in California for 10 years.
- Makeup Artistry
Makeup Artistry Certification
Do you love makeup and want to pursue a career in making others look and feel more beautiful? Are you already working in the beauty industry and want to improve your confidence and application skills? Or do you just want to do a better job of applying your own makeup? In this program through live demonstrations and hands-on experience, you will discover the professional secrets to beautiful makeup applications. You will develop improved skills and greater confidence in working with clients or just on yourself!
This program consists of 6 classes:
- Beauty Makeup 101
- The Eyes Have It
- Fashion, Glamour & Fantasy
- Bridal Bliss
- Character Makeup
- Makeup in Review
All classes must be taken to receive a certificate of completion. MAC Pro Student Kit or any similar makeup kit is recommended.
- Medical BillingMedical Insurance Billing Specialist ProgramThis six-course program is designed for those who are new to the medical field and for those currently working in the field who wish to expand their knowledge in specific areas. Students will become versed in the terminology of the medical profession, knowledgeable in the areas of billing procedures and coding, credit and collection, legal issues and risk management. When you complete the program, you will be able to effectively deal and help with problem-solving activities in a medical business environment. HIPAA Compliance Regulations included.Program consists of the following six courses (which must be taken in the following order):
Participants will earn a Mt. San Antonio College Community Education Certificate of Completion when all six courses have been successfully completed. Attendance and examination requirements must be met before a certificate can be issued.
- MB1: Medical Terminology
- MB2: Coding: ICD-10CM/CPT-4/HCPCS
- MB3: Medical Insurance Billing Principles
- MB4: Medical Credit and Collection: Recovery of Unsecured Assets
- MB5: Legal Issues and Risk Management
- MB6: Computerized Medical Insurance Billing
- Water Technology Program