HOW TO TAKE ESL CLASSES
If you are a new student to Mt. San Antonio College, follow these three steps to register for ESL classes:
Step 1: Take the Placement Test
- Location: Building 66 - Language Center, First Floor (campus map pdf )
- Tests are offered on Thursdays at 8:30am, 11:00 am, 4:30 pm and 7:00 pm
- Arrive 30 minutes before the test
- You must bring a valid photo ID (any form is acceptable).
- Testing lasts approximately two hours
- Parking passes must be purchased in Lot F to park in student lots
Step 2: Register for Classes
- Registration dates will be given to you after you take the test
- Come to Mt. SAC ESL registration desk to register for classes on this date
- If classes are full, you will be placed on a waiting list and will be notified when space is available.
Step 3: Attend Class
- Be sure to attend on the first day of class
- Enjoy being a Mt. SAC student!
- Classes and programs are available to California residents 17 years of age and older only.
- Placement test scores are valid for two years.
- If you are a continuing student and have not taken any ESL classes or the ESL placement text for more than two years, you will need to retake the placement test before registering for a class.
- Classes are free. If needed, students purchase a parking pass and textbooks.
- Student ID: To get your student ID, you must get a printout of your current schedule from the ESL Registration Counter (Bldg. 66) and present it to the Photo ID window at the Bookstore (Building 9A). There is a $10 fee. You will be able to pick up your ID immediately.