Emergency Medical Technician Program
The Emergency Medical Technician Program is comprised of 2 courses, EMT 90A and EMT 90. You must take and pass EMT 90-A to enter EMT 90 in the semester immediately following EMT 90-A. You MUST take BOTH courses to fulfill the curriculum content for the EMT certification. Most surrounding community colleges follow a similar 2-semester format.
Questions? Please contact Michelle Navarro at (909) 274-5051.
We offer our EMT classes each year, in Summer/Fall and Winter/Spring. Please see the Schedule of Classes for these semesters for exact start dates and times.
Refresher Course: Due to California budget constraints, our EMT 91 (Refresher Course) is not currently offered. Please consult the L.A. EMS Agency website for further details and programs that offer refresher courses, Skills Competency Verifications and CE Units.
- Students must be 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Free from criminal convictions; this will include a background check (See FAQ section and web links to the CA EMS Authority)
- Have a medical clearance to operate in the field and hospital medical environment without restriction. This includes a full drug and alcohol screen (See FAQ for details regarding physicals and background checks).
- Must be up-to-date on vaccines
- Completion of an application to Mt. San Antonio College
EMT 90A/90 – This program is open to all students who meet the requirements listed below. Upon completion of both courses, students are awarded a Course Completion Certificate that qualifies them to take the National Registry Exam for certification as an Emergency Medical Technician.