The Mt. SAC Writing Center now offers online writing tutoring for all Mt. SAC students. On this page, you will find detailed instructions regarding registration for, scheduling of, and access to online tutorial sessions. If you have any questions, please feel free to call our virtual front desk or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2020 ONLINE Tutoring Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9 am - 9:00 pm; Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Sunday: Noon - 4:00 pm.
I. Schedule an appointment for online tutoring
- Go to our online appointment book, WC Online.
- If you are new to WC Online, you will need to register for an account.
- Once you have created your account, login, go to the drop-down menu at the top of the screen, and select "Online Tutoring + DLAs Schedule."
- Any white box represents an available appointment slot. Choose the appointment time you would like, fill in the necessary form information, and click "Save" at the bottom of the screen.
You must provide a valid student ID number and a valid phone number each time you make an appointment. The Writing Center uses this information to accurately track your tutoring hours.
Your appointment should now be scheduled!
II. Enter into your online tutoring session
- At the time of your online appointment, please re-open your appointment window, and click on the "Start or join online consultation" link.
- If you have any issues, please email us at: email@example.com
- *Students who are more than 5 minutes late for their appointment time will lose that
What document types will work for online tutoring?
Our WC Online platform is designed for use with a variety of document types, however; for "copy and paste" functionality, MSWord works best. As a student, you can download the entire MS OFFICE Suite free of cost at the portal login. Click on the logo Office365 and then look for the button "install office."
Is online tutoring different than face-to-face tutoring?
Well, not really. The main difference between regular and online tutoring is where the actual tutoring happens. Regular tutoring happens in the Writing Center. Online tutoring can happen anywhere you have a computer and Internet access. That's right! You no longer have to come into the actual Writing Center to get tutoring (unless you want to). When it comes to how the tutor works with you, it is the same as face-to-face tutoring. Our online tutors can help with any stage of the writing process and any writing related questions you may have.