Active Shooter Safety
- Maintain Situational Awareness. Be aware of your surroundings.
- Trust your instincts. If something doesn’t look right, don’t ignore it. Take action.
- Know where the nearest exits are because running from danger toward safety should be your first instinct.
- Your Active Shooter Triage: Run, Hide, Fight. If you can, run away from the sound of gunfire. If you cannot run away, hide in the most secure location you can find. Prepare yourself to fight – your life may depend on it.
- Active shooting incidents are more common than they used to be, but they are still rare. Don’t be paranoid – be prepared. Develop a plan. Instill in yourself a survival mindset. Commit to taking action. Never, ever give up.