Resources for Teaching & Working Remotely
Remote Teaching, Virtual Meetings, & Video Online
Faculty: Remote Teaching Using Canvas
Please go to the FCLT homepage
- Host a Virtual Meeting with ConferZoom
About ConferZoom (Zoom for Community College Employees through the Mt. SAC campus account). * Check POD Connect for open office hour Zoom help.
- Only faculty, staff, and administrators who will be 'owning', (i.e. scheduling and inviting others), a class, meeting, appointment or other Zoom event will need an account. Accounts are not necessary to attend a virtual event/meeting.
- Basic/free Zoom accounts have a 40 minute limit and a limited # of participants.
- ConferZoom accounts can accommodate up to 300 simultaneous attendees.
- You can sign up for an account or upgrade your basic account at TechConnect Zoom
- Reminder: Students do not need an account to participate in a class, meeting, appointment, or other Zoom event.
- Resource: How to manage virtual teams (CCC Vision Resource Center, 2 hours, online)
Zoom Training Resources (See Also, Video Help Guides on YouTube)
- New: Live Captioning Options During a Zoom Meeting (Word download)
- Instructions for ConferZoom First Time Users (PDF download)
- Zoom Covid-19 Response Resources for Effective Zooming
- Managing Breakout Rooms in Zoom for Hosts (with Participant instructions)
- Running A meeting in Zoom with Canvas (PDF download)
- ConferZoom Member and Host Guide (PDF download)
- Using Reporting Feature in Zoom (Link)
- Video conferencing etiquette protocols
- Login to POD Connect. Search for the "Learning Zoom" course
- Zoom: Video Help Guides
- Microsoft Teams
This application is native to the Mt. SAC Microsoft Office 365 license. Teams is a space for file sharing, screen sharing, audio/video calls, group/individual chat, video streaming, shared calendars and team project "channels."
- Skype for Business
At Mt. SAC, Skype for Business is integrated with Office 365 and is part of your Outlook Application Suite. It will load automatically when using your Desktop application.
- Skype for Business: Meetings, Chat, and File exchange
- Get Trained on Skype: Login to POD Connect. Search for the "Skype for Business Essential Training" course
- Faculty: Remote Teaching Using Canvas
Tips for Productivity While Working Remotely
Considerations for Home Technology:
- Checking your Mt. SAC campus voicemail/forwarding phones guide
- A Message From I.T.: Getting Ready to Work From Home (
Computer Loans, Support)
- Remote Access to Banner/Argos, etc. (use the IT request form)
- Mt. SAC's HelpDesk
- Zoom's COVID-19 Web Resources
Make working from home work for you:
- Training Resource (Lynda.com/Vision Resource Center): Time Managment: Working from Home (1 hour, 25 minutes), The Working Remotely Playlist: Multiple Training Modules (PODConnect/VRC/Lynda.com)
- Netiquette (Mt. SAC's recommendation guide)
- Staying Focused & Dealing With Distractions (MindTools)
- 8 Tips: How to Work From Home (Audio/Website, NPR, 3/15/2020)