Important Commencement Information
June 27, 2017 - 01:49 PM
*UPDATED: New bus information*
Mt. San Antonio College will celebrate its 2017 Commencement celebration on Sunday, June 18, 11 a.m. Due to construction, it will be held this year at the Citizens Business Bank Arena, 4000 E. Ontario Center Parkway, Ontario.
Congresswoman Judy Chu will serve as the commencement speaker. The college will also honor Captain Willie Lee Daniels, a 1976 aviation alumnus who has gone on to found the nonprofit group Shades of Blue.
COMMENCEMENT IMPORTANT POINTS
- Commencement starts at 11:00 a.m. Doors open at 10:00 a.m.
- No tickets are required. Admission is free.
- Parking is free.
- GRADUATES need to be there by 9:30 a.m.
- GRADUATES should park in Lot F and go to Mt. SAC check-in tents marked “GRADS CHECK IN” at the loading dock (next to Lot D).
- GRADUATES cannot alter their gowns and make cap decorations that obstruct the views of others.
Tell your friends, family members and guests that the following are NOT ALLOWED:
- NO outside flowers or balloons NO outside food, bottled water or beverages
- NO large bags or purses
- NO banners or large signs
- There is a $5 storage fee for strollers.
- All guests must go through metal detector screening when entering the arena. All bags will be searched.
- GRADUATES can meet friends, family members and guests OUTSIDE the arena in Lot D following the ceremony (no one will be allowed onto the floor).
FREE Bus Transportation Available
(for graduates and their guests)
- DEPARTURE to Citizens Business Bank Arena
- Park free in Mt. SAC Parking Lot B
- Loading time 8 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
- Bus departs at 8:45 a.m.
- Bus estimated to arrive by 9:15 a.m.
- RETURN to Mt. SAC
- Loading time is 1:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Bus leaves at 2:15 p.m.
- Bus estimated to return by 2:45 p.m.