MATH 18 SLO's
Students feel that Math 18 has improved their overall mathematical understanding and ability in Math 180. (measured by survey provided by corequisite committee)
Math 18 students will be able to construct mathematical models and solve optimization and related rates problems.
Math 18 students will be able to analyze functions—including sign testing, intervals of increase and decrease, and zeros—to sketch graphs.
MATH 18 CMO's
- Solve polynomial and rational inequalities to find the domain of functions.
- Graph functions using transformations on elementary functions.
- Analyze functions, including sign testing, intervals of increase and decrease, concavity, and zeros.
- Simplify complex fractions to compute limits and derivatives.
- Create mathematical models commonly used in calculus.
- Set up, analyze, and evaluate series to compute Riemann sums.