HEERF Student Emergency Funds
The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) is authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260, signed into law on Dec. 27, 2020. In total, the CRRSAA authorizes $81.88 billion in support for education, in addition to the $30.75 billion expeditiously provided last spring through the Coronavirus Aid, Recovery, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, Public Law 116-136.
Congress created several programs within HEERF II - one of which allows Mt. SAC to offer emergency grants to students, requiring that the College prioritize students with exceptional need.
- Any component in your cost of attendance/re-enrollment needs; or
- For emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care) or child care.
- The HEERF Committee will review the application and if approved, will inform the Financial Aid Office to award and disburse grant funds.
- Funds will be awarded and disbursed to the student's account on a weekly basis.
- Student's can view their account on #27 of the "Student Tab", under "Self-Service" links, via the Mt. SAC student portal.
- Refunds are released by the College every Monday and take 5-10 days (on average) to reach the student’s preferred refund preference.