HEERF Student Emergency Funds
The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) is authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260, signed into law on Dec. 27, 2020. In total, the CRRSAA authorizes $81.88 billion in support for education, in addition to the $30.75 billion expeditiously provided last spring through the Coronavirus Aid, Recovery, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, Public Law 116-136.
Congress created several programs within HEERF II - one of which allows Mt. SAC to offer emergency grants to students, requiring that the College prioritize students with exceptional need.
- Any component in your cost of attendance/re-enrollment needs; or
- For emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care) or child care.
- The HEERF Committee will review the application and if approved, will inform the Financial Aid Office to award and disburse grant funds.
- Funds will be awarded and disbursed to the student's account on a weekly basis.
- Student's can view their account on #27 of the "Student Tab", under "Self-Service" links, via the Mt. SAC student portal.
- Refunds are released by the College every Monday and take 5-10 days (on average) to reach the student’s preferred refund preference.
Applications are no longer being accepted for the current semester. If you are in need of financial assistance for current educational costs and/or re-enrollment needs, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 909-274-4450.