The U.S. Department of Education requires borrowers to complete the Loan Entrance Counseling, which includes loan-repayment obligations and the consequences of default, before loan funds are disbursed.
In order to attend the Loan Information Session the student must:
- Complete the FAFSA
- Meet basic student eligibility criteria(student loans)
- Meet general eligibility criteria(parent loans)
- Complete all pending financial aid requirements (if applicable)
- Be enrolled in at least 6 units
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- For information regarding currently offered loan sessions, visit the Loan Information Sessions page
- Call or visit the Financial Aid Department at (909) 274-4450 to sign up for a Loan Information Session
Be advised that you will not be allowed to sign up to attend a Loan Information Session if you do not meet the requirements listed above.No exceptions.
This workshop will provide you with the required facts about Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans. The workshop will also explain your rights and responsibilities as a borrower. Loan requests will be distributed and the institutional process will be explained.
Note: Should you decide to request a student loan, additional requirements will need to be submitted with your request, including (but not limited to) the following:current and comprehensive Educational Plan signed by an Educational Counselor or Advisor (Assessment Questionnaire (AQ)/Assessment Test must be taken); copy of a valid state issued I.D. or valid driver's license AND social security card;online entrance counseling completion confirmation;and online financial awareness counseling completion confirmation.
For information regarding currently offered loan sessions, please visit the Loan Information Sessions page.
- What is a Loan?
- A Minute to Learn It - Borrowing Student Loans
- How Do I Apply for Federal Loans?
- Federal Direct Student Loan Limits