How To Take ESL Classes
If you are a new student (or returning) to Mt. San Antonio College, follow these steps
to register for ESL classes. If you have questions during the application process,
contact ESL Registration.
ESL Application Process (PDF)
Step 1: Submit Application
- Submit an application to Mt. SAC ESL
On the application login page, if you have a Mt. SAC student ID number, log in with
your Mt. SAC portal username and password.
If you do not have a Mt. SAC student ID number, click on the New User Registration
Step 2: Log Into Your Mt. SAC Portal
- Check your personal email! After completing your application, you will receive an
email from ESLreg@mtsac.edu to log into your Mt. SAC portal.
- Log into your Mt. SAC portal to check your Mt. SAC email! You will receive a Welcome
email from ESLreg@mtsac.edu with a link to complete your orientation and placement test.
Step 3: Orientation & Assessment
- IMPORTANT: Please complete the orientation and placement test within one week of receiving
- Watch the orientation video to learn about the Mt. SAC ESL program.
- Take the placement test to see what level of classes are best for you.
Step 4: Enroll - Register for Classes
- Log into your Mt. SAC portal to check your Mt. SAC email! After completing the orientation
video and the placement test, you will receive an email from ESLreg@mtsac.edu to register for classes.
- The email will have information on how to choose the classes you want to take.
- After three business days, log into your Mt. SAC portal to check your schedule (#11 under Student Tab).
- Attend class!
- Classes and programs are available to California residents 17 years of age and older only.
- Placement test scores are valid for two years.
- If you are a returning student and have not taken any ESL classes or the ESL placement
test for more than two years, you will need to retake the placement test before registering
for a class.
- Classes are tuition free. If needed, students purchase textbooks and parking pass.