Horse Ranch Managment (SOC CODE: 11-9013.02)
Plan, direct, or coordinate the management or operation of farms, ranches, greenhouses, aquacultural operations, nurseries, timber tracts, or other agricultural establishments. May hire, train, or supervise farm workers or contract for services to carry out the day-to-day activities of the managed operation. May engage in or supervise planting, cultivating, harvesting, financial, or marketing activities.
- Farm and Ranch Managers
- Managers, All Other
- Lodging Managers
- Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers
- Financial Managers, Branch or Department
- General and Operations Managers
- Information Technology Project Managers
- Sales Managers
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Architectural and Engineering Managers
- Operate or oversee the operations of dairy farms that produce bulk milk.
- Inspect orchards or fields to determine crop maturity or condition or to detect disease or insect infestation.
- Direct crop production operations, such as planning, tilling, planting, fertilizing, cultivating, spraying, or harvesting.
- Monitor activities such as irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, milking, breeding, or grading to ensure adherence to safety regulations or standards.
- Plan crop activities based on factors such as crop maturity or weather conditions.
- Maintain financial, operational, production, or employment records for farms or ranches.
- Obtain financing necessary for purchases of machinery, land, supplies, or livestock.
- Direct the breeding or raising of stock, such as cattle, poultry, or honeybees, using recognized breeding practices to ensure stock improvement.
- Inspect farm or ranch equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Plan and direct development or production of hardier or higher-yield hybrid plant varieties.
$54,400 - $121,600
$26.17 - $58.47
Projected New Jobs Annually In CA
Projected Annual Job Openings refers to the average annual job openings due to growth
and net replacement.
- Horse Ranch Managment
This certificate program is designed to give students basic skills on horse ranches and agriculture sales and services.
Review Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for this program.
|Horse Production and Management|
|Horse Ranch Management|
|Horse Hoof Care|
|Animal Sanitation and Disease Control|
|Artificial Insemination of Livestock|