Computer & Networking Technology (SOC CODE: 15-1152.00)
Analyze, test, troubleshoot, and evaluate existing network systems, such as local area network LAN , wide area network WAN , and Internet systems or a segment of a network system. Perform network maintenance to ensure networks operate correctly with minimal interruption.
- Computer Network Support Specialists
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Computer User Support Specialists
- Computer Network Architects
- Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Computer Operators
- Telecommunications Engineering Specialists
- Training and Development Specialists
- Information Security Analysts
- Software Developers, Applications
- Back up network data.
- Configure security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
- Analyze and report computer network security breaches or attempted breaches.
- Identify the causes of networking problems, using diagnostic testing software and equipment.
- Document network support activities.
- Configure wide area network (WAN) or local area network (LAN) routers or related equipment.
- Install network software, including security or firewall software.
- Evaluate local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN) performance data to ensure sufficient availability or speed, to identify network problems, or for disaster recovery purposes.
- Troubleshoot network or connectivity problems for users or user groups.
- Provide telephone support related to networking or connectivity issues.
$55,000 - $95,700
$26.44 - $46.02
Projected New Jobs Annually In CA
Projected Annual Job Openings refers to the average annual job openings due to growth
and net replacement.
- Computer and Networking Technology
This certificate is intended to prepare students to enter the computer and networking fields as service technicians with foundations in basic electricity and electronics, operating systems, computer service and troubleshooting, and preparation for the A+ certification examination.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will be employed or seeking employment in the field or a related field.
- Students will be technically competent.
- Students will employ polar and/or rectangular notation to determine the magnitude and phase shift of an unknown circuit parameter (voltage, current, impedance, and/or power).
Review Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for this program.
|PC Operating Systems|
|A+ Certification Preparation|
|Technical Applications in Microcomputers|
or VOC CSB15
| Microcomputer Applications|
|Electronic Circuits - Direct Current (DC)|
|Electronic Circuits (AC)|