Web Designer (SOC CODE: 15-1134.00)
Design, create, and modify Web sites. Analyze user needs to implement Web site content, graphics, performance, and capacity. May integrate Web sites with other computer applications. May convert written, graphic, audio, and video components to compatible Web formats by using software designed to facilitate the creation of Web and multimedia content.
- Web Developers
- Multimedia Artists and Animators
- Commercial and Industrial Designers
- Web Administrators
- Fashion Designers
- Video Game Designers
- Graphic Designers
- Set and Exhibit Designers
- Designers, All Other
- Interior Designers
- Write supporting code for Web applications or Web sites.
- Design, build, or maintain Web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for instant recovery in case of problems.
- Write, design, or edit Web page content, or direct others producing content.
- Select programming languages, design tools, or applications.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Develop databases that support Web applications and Web sites.
- Perform Web site tests according to planned schedules, or after any Web site or product revision.
- Perform or direct Web site updates.
$52,300 - $111,400
$25.14 - $53.56
Projected New Jobs Annually In CA
Projected Annual Job Openings refers to the average annual job openings due to growth
and net replacement.