Floral Design (SOC CODE: 27-1023.00)
Design, cut, and arrange live, dried, or artificial flowers and foliage.
- Floral Designers
- Commercial and Industrial Designers
- Fashion Designers
- Video Game Designers
- Graphic Designers
- Set and Exhibit Designers
- Designers, All Other
- Interior Designers
- Instructional Designers and Technologists
- Electronic Drafters
- Confer with clients regarding price and type of arrangement desired and the date, time, and place of delivery.
- Select flora and foliage for arrangements, working with numerous combinations to synthesize and develop new creations.
- Order and purchase flowers and supplies from wholesalers and growers.
- Deliver arrangements to customers, or oversee employees responsible for deliveries.
- Plan arrangement according to client's requirements, utilizing knowledge of design and properties of materials, or select appropriate standard design pattern.
- Water plants, and cut, condition, and clean flowers and foliage for storage.
- Trim material and arrange bouquets, wreaths, terrariums, and other items using trimmers, shapers, wire, pins, floral tape, foam, and other materials.
- Wrap and price completed arrangements.
- Perform office and retail service duties such as keeping financial records, serving customers, answering telephones, selling giftware items and receiving payment.
- Unpack stock as it comes into the shop.
$24,900 - $37,600
$11.98 - $18.09
Projected New Jobs Annually In CA
Projected Annual Job Openings refers to the average annual job openings due to growth
and net replacement.
- Floral Design
This sequence is offered in the evening only and can be completed in two years. Students completing all three courses will have skills and knowledge to seek jobs in floral design beyond entry-level positions, i.e., first-line supervision and/or management and Floral Designers.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students completing the Floral Design Certificate will be prepared to be employed in the floral design industry.
Review Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for this program.
|Floral Design 1|
|Floral Design 2|
|Floral Design 3|