Office Computer Applications (SOC CODE: 43-9011.00)
Monitor and control electronic computer and peripheral electronic data processing equipment to process business, scientific, engineering, and other data according to operating instructions. Monitor and respond to operating and error messages. May enter commands at a computer terminal and set controls on computer and peripheral devices.
- Computer Operators
- Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
- Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Office Machine Operators, Except Computer
- Enter commands, using computer terminal, and activate controls on computer and peripheral equipment to integrate and operate equipment.
- Oversee the operation of computer hardware systems, including coordinating and scheduling the use of computer terminals and networks to ensure efficient use.
- Monitor the system for equipment failure or errors in performance.
- Answer telephone calls to assist computer users encountering problems.
- Respond to program error messages by finding and correcting problems or terminating the program.
- Retrieve, separate, and sort program output as needed, and send data to specified users.
- Record information such as computer operating time, problems that occurred, and actions taken.
- Notify supervisor or computer maintenance technicians of equipment malfunctions.
- Operate spreadsheet programs and other types of software to load and manipulate data and to produce reports.
- Read job set-up instructions to determine equipment to be used, order of use, material such as disks and paper to be loaded, and control settings.
$39,400 - $59,800
$18.95 - $28.75
Projected New Jobs Annually In CA
Projected Annual Job Openings refers to the average annual job openings due to growth
and net replacement.
- Office Computer Applications
This certificate in Office Computer Applications is customized to meet the needs of the entry-level adult student or professional, who is seeking to acquire an array of office computer skills required in a computerized office environment.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Upon successful completion of this sequence of beginning-level computer courses, students will be prepared for entry-level office support employment.
Review Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for this program.
|Basic Computing - Level 1|
|Basic Computing - Level 2|
|Basic Computing - Level 3|
|Internet Research - an Introduction|