INSTRUCTIONS TO ENTER STUDENT ART EXHIBITION
- Any student enrolled at Mt. San Antonio College during the past two years. (If not currently enrolled, please make arrangements with your past instructor.)
- All artwork must be original and created by the MT.SAC student during the past two years.
Submission of Artwork:
- Entry forms are available in the Art Gallery office beginning March 18, 2014. A completed entry form must be attached to each piece of artwork submitted. Artwork must be submitted by the artist, it will not be accepted by a second party (faculty included).
- A maximum of five (5) pieces of artwork per student may be submitted within the following categories:
- Entry Fee: $5.00 each if submitting only one, $3.00 each if submitting more than one.
- There is no size limit - as long as it fits through the gallery doors.
- All drawings, prints, graphics, and other works on paper must be matted, framed, or appropriately presented for hanging. (Please consult with your instructor.) All framed art and stretched canvases should be ready to hang. (Use wire, screw-eyes, hooks, etc.)
- Artwork must be submitted to the Mt. SACArtGalleryofficeBuilding 1B, room 11 with
attached, completed entry forms and entry fees on:
Tuesday April 22 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday April 23 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Thursday April 24 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. & 5:00 p.m-8:00 p.m.
- A list naming all selected works will be posted outside the Art Gallery on Thursday, May 6, 2014 after 1 p.m.
- Non-selected artwork is to be picked-up on: (All students must show ID to pick-up
Tuesday May 06 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday May 07 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Thursday May 08 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. & 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- At the conclusion of the exhibition, pick-up the artwork on: (All students must show
ID to pick-up artwork.)
Thursday June 5 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday June 10 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday June 11 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Thursday June 12 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. & 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Any Artwork not picked up by the designated dates listed above, will become property of Mt. San Antonio College to be done with as we see fit.
|Graphic Design & Illustration||3-Dimensional Design|
There will be no insurance coverage for this exhibition. Neither the Art Department, the Art Gallery, nor Mt. San Antonio College will be responsible for broken, damaged, or missing work. However, the utmost care will be taken to prevent any such occurrences.
Full time faculty will jury the exhibition and artwork will be selected by number of votes received
(a)This exhibition is scheduled from May 15-June 5, 2014. The gallery is open on Tuesday,
Wednesday, and Thursday from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. & Tuesday evenings from 5 – 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.
(b)The opening reception for the artists is on Thursday, May 15, 2014 from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. with food and musical entertainment. Everyone is invited to attend.
(c)Sign-up sheets to volunteer to bring food (dessert, appetizer, finger food) to the opening reception for the artists, to help at the opening reception, and/or help staff the ArtGallery during this exhibit will be posted in the ArtGallery office and in building 1A.
If you have any questions, please contact the Art Gallery staff on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at (909) 594-5611 Ext. 4328.