VetCheck Animal Hospital
VetCheck Animal Hospital is a small privately owned practice providing veterinary
Canine, Feline, Rodents, Rabbits, some livestock and some birds/reptiles. At VetCheck, we are
dedicated to a culture of open communication, high quality medicine and employee satisfaction.
We are looking for entry level RVT/Veterinary Assistant.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Vocational School Training Desirable
- VA/Tech-Specific Employment Requirements
o Minimum 2Yrs Technical experience or enrollment in a 2Yr veterinary assistant program
o Current RVT license highly desirable but not required.
o Dental prophylaxis/Extraction skill highly desirable.
- Must comply with DEA random drug testing policies.Assist the Emergency department in the triage of patients according to their illness severity
- Tracking the incoming order of all triages
- Obtain histories from clients for all incoming triages
- Provide frequent updates to clients waiting for emergency services
- Coordinate patient discharges with the clients and medical/client service teams
- Provide compassionate, caring support to all clients moving through the triage process and more!
- Work with the Veterinary Medical Care / Husbandry Team to perform routine sanitation tasks in rooms, kennels, caging and all areas of the hospital to include the weight scale and reception desk in front of the hospital. All staff members must never hesitate to clean, disinfect , organize and assist in maintaining a clean hospital environment.
- Must be trainable and must be willing to train up and coming staff members for the betterment of the entire team and hospital culture.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift and carry animals up to 40 pounds (team-lifting will be required at or after the 40 pound weight limit for a patient).
- Must be able to work in a bent or prone position for extended periods of time. Bending, standing for long periods and being able to sweep, mop and reach above your head to grab supplies as required.
- Must be able to proficiently restrain even a fractious animal with proper safety equipment. Must be knowledgeable in application and safe use of restraint equipment for both patient and staff members.
- Must be able to manage patient care and diagnostic tasks, as well as perform tasks required in the management of critical cases as the need arises.
- Must know how to record and maintain clinical notations for patients in the hospital according to hospital and veterinary medical standards.
- Must Remain Level-headed in high stress situations as in Emergency Measures for patients and High anxiety client communications.
- Must be able to recognize when a patient seems ill or when its condition is deteriorating.
- Must be well spoken and approach her/his duties in a mature and responsible manner.
- Must be able to explain the significance of common clinical practices and protocols for the hospital – Vaccines and vaccine schedules, common diagnostic tests, common medical conditions, and the doctor’s protocol choices in accordance with what the doctor would explain for the patient: i.e. medication side effects.
- Give SC, IM or IV injections with or without an IV port. Successfully monitor anesthetic patients.
- Prepare and read skin cytology, skin scrape, and ear cytology
- Handle client medical questions confidently and direct to the veterinarian when appropriate.
- Be able to explain necessary follow-up and home care instructions.
- Effectively position for and perform image capture of radiographs for basic/routine studies.
- Knows the common diseases and how they are transmitted. Must be able to assist in contagious disease control and follow protocols to limit transmission.
- Must be able to admit patient following veterinarian protocols and orders. Must be
able to discharge patients based on the
veterinarian’s orders, ensuring that patients are well groomed and in a medically appropriate state.
- Dental prophylaxis/Extraction skill highly desirable.
- Current RVT license highly desirable but not required.
- Veterinary Assistant Controlled Substances Permit registration for non-RVT veterinary assistants is highly desirable and application will be supported. Successful procurement of permit could possibly be promoted.
The Veterinary Technician is the veterinarian primary medical support. They begin the examination procedure and continue to assist the doctor throughout the examination, diagnosis and treatment phases for each patient. They have a significant role in communicating with and educating clients about their pets.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
Date posted: 10/05/2022
Date Expiring: 12/31/2022
Benefits start to accrue at the end of the 90 day valuation period.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 5-10 hour shifts
- Day shifts
- Weekend availability
- Supplemental Pay
- Comission after 6 months
Upon approval for hire, you will have 60 days to determine whether VetCheck is a good fit for you. The new hire valuation period for VetCheck Animal Hospital is 90 days after hire.
VetCheck Animal Hospital | 833.838.2435 | firstname.lastname@example.org