Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Los Angeles (spcaLA)
Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Los Angeles (spcaLA) is currently seeking experienced, dedicated Registered Veterinary Technicians (RVT) to become part of our medical staff. Be a part of Los Angeles’ oldest and largest animal welfare organization, serving Southern California since 1877.
Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Los Angeles (spcaLA) is dedicated to the prevention of cruelty to animals through Education, Law Enforcement, Intervention, & Advocacy. spcaLA is an independent, nonprofit animal welfare organization serving Southern California since 1877. Donations run programs and services including Animal Cruelty Investigations, Disaster Animal Response Team, Violence Prevention & Humane Education and a variety of shelter services. We believe that animals, as living creatures, have value beyond economic measurement, and are entitled to legal, moral and ethical consideration and protection.
- Administer health examinations, vaccinations, and diets for shelter animals.
- Prepare animals for, and assist veterinarian during, treatment or surgery.
- Opportunity to assist at community vaccination events, animal rescues, disaster response, and more.
At spcaLA, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and excellent benefits (including 401K with matching). This is a full-time, non-exempt position, working out of all spcaLA Pet Adoption Centers.
- Must possess a valid license (certification) as a Registered Veterinary Technician in the State of California
- 2 years practical experience as an RVT
- Shelter experience preferred
Salary Range: $19 - $23/hr
To apply: please submit your resume and cover letter to jobs@spcaLA.com
More information: Please visit SPCLA Website