Friends of Upland Animal Shelter - Content Producer
Friends of Upland Animal Shelter (Friends) is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that is partnered with the City of Upland to perform shelter operations and adoptions. Upland Animal Shelter is an open admission animal shelter for stray animals found in Upland. Friends operates the shelter with a "no kill" philosophy (maintaining a live release rate over 90%), accepts owner surrendered animals on a case-by-case basis and acts as a "rescue" by transferring in animals from other shelters and rescues. Friends works with a network of community partners, business sponsors, adopters, donors and volunteers with our mission being to find a loving home for every adoptable animal.
Friends of Upland Animal Shelter is looking for a highly motivated, creative, and detail-oriented Content Producer to work collaboratively with our team of dedicated staff and volunteers to develop, deliver, and manage online, website, e-mail, and social media content in support of our mission to save shelter animals.
Create and manage social media content on a regular basis (daily) in support of Friends of Upland Animal Shelter and 2nd Chance Thrift Shop.
- Create and manage monthly/regular e-mails using Wild Apricot.
- Maintain and enhance website and online content.
- Create graphics, written communications, and short and long form video content for a variety of purposes, including special events and annual fundraising campaigns.
- Deliver content for press releases and media outlets.
Experience & Abilities
- Must have strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must have experience and be comfortable shooting, editing and brainstorming video content.
- Must have experience and be comfortable creating content in Canva, Adobe, Tik Tok, or similar programs, and Microsoft Office.
- Must have experience using Instagram, Facebook, and Tik Tok (preferred).
- Must be comfortable working in an animal shelter environment with exposure to a variety of animals and working in a thrift shop environment.
- Ability to convey a high degree of commitment and passion for the mission of FUAS.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of judgment and discretion in managing social media interactions.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team; and at the direction of other team members.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized with a high level of initiative.
- May perform other related duties and responsibilities, as requested.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must maintain a California Class C driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED; some college education is preferred with an emphasis in Communications or similar field.
- Must have some experience producing content with examples/portfolio.
Job Type: Part-time, typically 20 hours per week with variable workdays and hours, as assigned,
with some exceptions for coverage at special events.
Starting Salary: Hourly based on experience
Job Site: Upland, CA (Combination of Remote and On-site work)
Reports to: Board of Directors Member/Marketing Team
Are you interested in applying for this job?
- Download the Employment Application at www.friendsofuplandanimalshelter.org
- Complete the application, scan it, and send it with a copy of your resume, degree, and State license to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position is Open Until Filled
Friends of Upland Animal Shelter Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental or physical), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, any other characteristic protected by law, or any other factor that is not related to the job. It is an objective of Friends of Upland Animal Shelter, Inc. to achieve a drug-free workplace. Any applicant selected for employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, Federal and Local governing agencies.
Friends of Upland Animal Shelter| 909.931.4185 | 1275 San Bernadino Road, Upland CA 91786