Athletic Field Specialist
The University of Portland is a National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) Division I institution and West Coast Conference (WCC) member. This position is responsible for the care, maintenance, and renovation of all intercollegiate athletic fields and grounds on the University’s Franz River Campus, as well as assisting with fields and grounds maintenance on the main campus. We currently manage 6 athletic fields: 3 natural grass soccer, 2 artificial multi-sport & 1 artificial baseball, with additional facilities in development.
Education and Experience
- Degree or Certification in Turfgrass Management, Agronomy, Plant Science, Horticulture, or equivalent discipline.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience including soccer specific turf management/grounds experience.
- Or a combination of equivalent education and/or experience…Let’s talk!
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Required: Oregon State Commercial Pesticide Applicator license or ability to obtain within 1 year of employment.
- Required: Valid driver’s license.
Core Duties, Knowledge, Skills Required
- Bring a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and a desire to be the best you each day.
- Have a strong work ethic and motivation to produce high quality results consistently.
Compensation & Benefits
- Base Wage = $20/hour @ 40 hours per week
- Overtime Wage = $30/hour @ 300 hours per year
- Cell Phone Reimbursement = $80/month
- Excellent Employee Benefits Package
- $1,000 Sign-on Bonus
- $1,000 (max) Relocation Allowance
Follow the link for full job description and to apply: