Alta Vista Country Club
Alta Vista Country Club is an 18-hole private facility located in Placentia, California. Our club provides its members with readily available tee times, efficient pace of play, a comfortable and active member culture, at a value that is recognized by all golfers in Orange County.
The par 72 golf course was designed by Harry Rainville and opened in 1961. The course plays 6,559 yards from the championship tees over a rolling terrain and features 90 bunkers and several water hazards. We also feature an all grass driving range, 4 practice putting and chipping greens, and a short game practice area where it’s not uncommon to find PGA Tour professionals working on their game. Our social calendar has never had more fun events on it than now. Our member’s lounge is open 365 days a year for our members featuring an award winning dining experience.
The Greenskeeper I Opportunity at Alta Vista Country Club
An amazing opportunity exists for candidates with a successful track record of leadership and high quality experience as a Greenskeeper in the private club. We are conducting the Greenskeeper I search for the Alta Vista Country Club located in the city of Placentia. The candidate will be an integral part of a high-performing team at a private golf club.
Operation of light motorized equipment and hand tools to maintain the golf course and surrounding landscape in varied weather conditions. Works under the direct supervision of the Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, or Foreman.
- Operates mechanical equipment such as walk mowers, weed trimmers, utility vehicles, bunker rakes, blowers and push mowers.
- Involved with golf course set-up procedures such as mowing turf, changing cups, changing tee marker positions, filling divots, and preparing sand traps prior to play.
- Maintains healthy lawn and landscape areas through application of mulch, water, fertilizer, seed, sod, and grooming.
- Prepares soil beds for sod, seed and vegetative material.
- Plants trees, shrubs, turf grass and flowers.
- Prunes and trims trees and shrubs.
- Maintains a clean landscape environment through weed, trash, debris removal and cleanup.
- Incorporate safe work practices in job performance and wears proper PPE in compliance with company policies.
- Maintains flexibility to learn and take on new and different tasks as directed by the supervisor.
- Assists in drainage, irrigation and renovation projects.
- Performs pre and post operational inspections of equipment.
- Clean equipment, shop yard, and interior and exterior of maintenance buildings
- Various tasks require physical management of tools and equipment during periods of extreme weather conditions.
- General knowledge of the tools, methods and materials used in golf course and landscape maintenance work.
- Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the company as directed by the supervisor.
- From $15/hr
- Full-time and Part-time (24-32 hours) positions available
- 2 openings
- Reports to Superintendents and Foreman
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Landscape Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- 401 K (Full Time)
- Medical and Dental Benefits (Full Time)
- Vacation Pay (Full Time)
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Alta Vista | 714 524-1591 | Alta Vista Country Club