I am a new student
Meet with Counseling
Before registering for classes, every Mt. San Antonio College student should have a first semester Mountie Academic Plan (MAP). You can create your MAP during the in-person orientation or by making a counseling appointment. Your MAP will help ensure that, while you're at Mt. SAC, you take the classes that best fit your goals -- whether you want to earn your degree or certificate, advance your career, or transfer to a four-year university. Our counselors will discuss the different options and programs you might be interested in based on your goals, then help you determine what courses you need to take to achieve them.
Schedule your Mountie Academic Plan Appointment
To schedule your appointment, you can:
- Visit our office, located on the 2nd floor of the Student Services Building (9B).
- Our office hours are Monday-Thursday from 8 am - 7 pm and Friday from 8 am - 4:30 pm.
- We are closed on Fridays in the Summer.
- Call the counseling team at (909) 274-4380.
What other kind of help does Mt. SAC Counseling offer?
- We help students plan their coursework based on what they want to accomplish at Mt. SAC.
- We help students prepare to transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
- We help students determine their career and educational goals and plan for success.
- We help students with personal and academic challenges.
- Learn more about how our counselors can help you.