Ask Joe
I am a new student 
Step 1 arrow forward Step 2 arrow forward Step 3 arrow forward Step 4 arrow forwardStep 5arrow forward Step 6 arrow forward Step 7 arrow forward Step 8 

Attend Orientation

As a new student, you must complete an orientation after you have completed your assessment process. There are two orientation options that meet this requirement: online orientation and in-person orientation.

Online Orientation

Online orientation is only for students who have already attended college. To access the online orientation go to your My Mt. SAC Portal and click the "Student Success" tab. After you complete the online orientation, you should make a counseling appointment online to complete a first semester Mountie Academic Plan (MAP).

In-person Orientation

In-person orientation is designed for first-time college students and is held on the Mt. SAC campus. The in-person orientation is a group session lead by our college counselors. It helps students get acquainted with our campus and college life in general.

At the in-person orientation you will:

  • Get one-on-one help from experienced Mt. SAC counselors.
  • Get help and guidance with the registration process.
  • Complete a first semester Mountie Academic Plan (MAP) and learn how to get the best possible registration date.
  • Meet other students and get acquainted with the Mt. SAC campus and college life.

We offer many different orientation dates and times. You can schedule your orientation:

  • Online: Click the "Student Success" tab in your My Mt. SAC Portal and follow the steps listed.
  • In Person: Visit the Counseling Center (Student Services Building 9B, 2nd floor).
  • Over the phone: Call the Counseling Center at (909) 274-4380.

Before you can register for classes, you must complete the entire enrollment process. Click through the buttons at the top of this page to learn about each step in the process.

Exemption from Orientation

If one of the following statements applies to you, you may be exempt from orientation:

  1. I have graduated with an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution. You must provide a copy of transcripts as documentation of degree attainment.
  2. I have enrolled at the college for a reason other than career development or advancement, transfer, attainment of a degree or certificate of achievement, or completion of a basic skills or English as a Second Language course sequence.
  3. I have earned 60 units or more from a regionally accredited institution. You must provide a copy of transcripts as documentation of units earned from another institution.
  4. I am enrolled at Mt. SAC solely to take a course that is legally mandated for employment as defined in section 55000 or necessary in response to a significant change in industry or licensure standings.
  5. I am enrolled as a special admit student pursuant to Education Code section 76001.

If you think you are exempt from orientation:

  • Download our Student Success Form and bring it along with the supporting documents (listed above in steps 1 through 5) to the Counseling Center (2nd floor of Building 9B) or fax them to (909) 274-2413.
  • Call the Counseling Center at (909) 274-4380 if you want to find out more about orientation exemptions.

Questions about orientation? Call (909) 274-4380.

Back   Next