- Students are expected to...
- Attend Puzzle workshops (16 per semester) with effort, attention, and prepared for lectures
- Attend Peer Mentor sessions (twice weekly for an hour each session)
- Practice role plays (social skills behavioral rehearsal)
- Earn points for homework and class participation to help boost motivation
Typical Puzzle Project Schedule
- 11:00-11:15 Homework Review
- 11:15-12:00 Lecture/discussion and role playing
- 12:00-12:30 Homework discussion and behavior rehearsal
- Mentor meetings (9:30-10:30)
- Case Management of each student
- Referrals for personal counseling
Time Commitment for Puzzle Project
- 1.5 hours of workshop per week
- 2 hours of peer mentoring per week (two 1 hour sessions).
Key Differences between High School and College
School district is responsible for evaluating suspected disabilities.
Allowed to make changes to course requirements.
Teachers, administrators, and parents advocate for the student.
Students are responsible for providing current documentation of their disabilities.
Course requirements remain the same for ALL students.
Students communicate with professor/counselor with questions or concerns.