Student in Wheel-Chair sitting beside another student in front of computer


The Mt. SAC ACCESS Center offers... 


To request department-related material in alternative formats, please email

Social Media


Disabled Parking & Tram Service

Temporary medical parking is available for short-term conditions. This permit is issued by the Mt. SAC Student Health Services office located in Building 67B. Parking with this permit is only for specially designated stalls on the Mt. SAC campus. An application for a temporary or permanent DMV placard is available at the ACCESS office, the Student Health Center or DMV

Tram Service Form

Classroom Furniture & Equipment

Adaptive furniture is used to provide greater access to classroom facilities or ease of use because of a physical limitation. Furniture adapted for use in the classroom may be provided for a student after written request and counselor approval. Some common items requested are:

  • table instead of regular classroom desk,
  • computer on adjustable cart for wheelchair accessibility,
  • padded chair, and
  • foot/leg rest.

Department of Rehabilitation

Representatives from the State Department of Rehabilitation meet regularly on campus with Mt. SAC students who have disabilities to discuss their services. This agency may be able to assist students in reaching their employment-related educational goals.

ACCESS Classes

ACCESS' courses are designed to prepare students for college level courses and to support mainstream college courses. These courses are pre-collegiate and do not count towards certificates, degrees, or transfer credit. Not all classes are offered every term.

Learning Disabilities Assessments

Diagnostic Screening and Assessment of Learning Disabilities

Screening and assessment for possible learning disabilities may be provided to current Mt. SAC students when determined appropriate by a learning disability specialist inAccessibility Resource Centers for Students. Currently enrolled students can contact the ACCESS office for additional information and to schedule an individual consultation with a learning disability specialist.