Links to articles on diversity, cultural competence, and colleges/community colleges
(under construction - please submit suggestions to Title
(links will prompt Mt. SAC Library login unless otherwise noted)
- Helping Faculty Teach Diverse Students and Diverse Topics Effectively Principles and
Guidelines (San Diego State, 2008)
- The Role of Faculty, Counselors, and Support Programs on Latino/a Community College
Students' Success and Intent to Persist (Tovar, E. 2015, Community College Review)
- Supporting veterans: Creating a "military friendly" community college campus (Heineman, Judie A. Community College Journal of Research and Practice40.3(2016): 219.) Hard copy only.
- The Relationship Between Student Body Racial Composition and the Normative Environment
Toward Diversity at Community Colleges. (Jones, Willis A., Community College Review, 00915521, Jul2013, Vol. 41, Issue 3
(Education Full Text (H.W. Wilson)
- Higher education access and choice for Latino students : critical findings and theoretical
perspectives (edited by Patricia A. Pérez, Ph.D., Miguel Ceja, Ph.D. Mt. SAC Library/Barbara
McNeice-Stallard, Director of Research authored chapter 8).
- Diversity's promise for higher education: making it work (Smith, D. G., 2009).