STUDENT PARKING PERMITS
A Parking Permit is required & parking regulations are
enforced in all Students Lots during Fall, Spring, Winter
and Summer sessions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Student Permits
are valid only in Student Lots.
Student Parking Permit Fees:
- $40 Spring or Fall Semesters
- $25 Replacement fee for Spring and Fall
- $20 Winter or Summer Intersessions
- $12 Replacement fee for Winter and Summer Intersessions
Students may purchase permits and pay parking citation fines Monday through
Friday at the Bursar's Office (click for hours) located in the Auxiliary Services Center, Bldg 9A.
DISPLAY OF PERMIT
Student and Staff Parking permits must be clearly displayed,
hanging from REAR-VIEW MIRROR;
or a window sticker affixed to the lower left side
of REAR WINDOW; or a bumper sticker affixed to the left side
of REAR BUMPER. Permits
must be clearly visible from the rear of
the vehicle. Failure to display a valid Permit will
result in the issuance of a parking citation.
A citation may be dismissed to students who have purchased a parking permit and who have been issued a parking citation for “No Valid Permit displayed” or “Improper Display of Permit” in a student parking lot, if dismissal is requested within 35 calendar days of citation issuance and a $5.00 administrative fee has been paid to cover the cost of processing these dismissals. Only one parking citation will be dismissed for these reasons.
SPECIAL PARKING AREAS
Thirty-minute (30) and ten-minute (10) parking areas
are designated with green curbs. Visitors who need to
park for longer time may use parking meter stalls found
in certain parking lots on campus, or park in one of
two pay lots – Pay Lot A and Pay Lot B – daily
parking fee is $3.00.
- DAY-USE PARKING PERMITS: Day-use parking
permit dispensers have been installed at various areas
in student parking lots. Day-use parking permits may
be purchased from these machines for a $3.00 fee and
are good for the date of purchase only. The parking permits
will allow persons to park their vehicles in any student
lot. Day-use parking permits are NOT valid in metered
parking stalls or pay lot.
- METERED PARKING - Metered
parking is available for visitors in certain parking
lots on campus (25¢ for each 15 minutes; 4 hour
maximum) PERMITS ARE NOT VALID IN METERED STALLS.
State Disabled Persons placards allowed at meters.
- DISABLED PERSONS PARKING - Vehicles
parked in the Blue-Lined Disabled Persons Parking Stalls
are required to properly display a current State
issued Disabled Persons placard. Individuals with a short-term
special parking needs can contact the student Health
Center, ext. 4400 for consideration of a temporary, limited
medical parking permit.
- To disabled individuals who possess a State Disabled Persons Placard and receive a citation for failing to display their placard, who request a citation dismissal and submit their current Disabled Placard documentation as evidence that a placard had been issued to them, must pay a $25.00 administrative fee to process the cancellation of the citation as per California Vehicle Code Section 40226.
- 40226. An issuing agency may, in lieu of collecting a fine for a citation for failure to display a disabled placard, charge an administrative fee not to exceed twenty-five dollars ($25) to process cancellation of a citation in any case where the individual who received the citation can show proof that he or she had been issued a valid placard at the time the citation was received (Added Sec. 5, Ch. 640, Stats. 2002. Effective January 1, 2003).
- STAFF LOTS - All
faculty & staff must have a current, valid staff
parking permit in designated staff parking lots. Temporary
staff parking permits may be obtained from Parking Services,
Bldg. 23. Staff permits cannot be used in metered
- MOTORCYCLES - As
long as traffic is not obstructed, students may park
in student lots only at the end of parking rows within
the lines if not marked NO PARKING without a student
permit. A motorcycle parked in a parking stall must display
a student parking permit. A staff permit is required
on all motorcycles parked in staff lots.