Radiologic Technology Program
The mission of the radiologic technology program is to prepare competent and professional entry-level radiographers able to meet the needs of the healthcare community.
Mt. SAC is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the State Department of Education. The Radiologic Technology Program is recognized by the California Department of Public Health and is accredited by:
The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
The program adheres to standards established by the JRCERT. Individuals interested in reviewing those standards and program compliance can visit: www.jrcert.org.
Goals and Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
Student/graduate will be clinically competent.
- Student/graduate will apply accurate positioning skills.
- Student/graduate will select optimal technical factors.
- Student/graduate will utilize appropriate radiation protection.
- Student/graduate will be well prepared to function as a competent entry-level radiologic technologist.
Student/graduate will communicate effectively.
- Student/graduate will demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- Student/graduate will demonstrate effective oral communication skills.
Student/graduate will develop critical thinking skills.
- Student/graduate will adapt standard procedures as needed.
- Student/graduate will critique images to determine diagnostic quality.
- Student/graduate will determine corrective measures for non-diagnostic images.
Student/graduate will model professionalism.
- Student/graduate will demonstrate professional work ethics.
- Student/graduate will participate in professional development activities.
- Student/graduate will provide patient-centered, clinically effective care for all patients regardless of age, gender, disability, special needs, ethnicity or culture.
Graduatess will meet the employment demands of the medical community.
- Graduate will pass the ARRT examination.
- Graduate will secure employment in the radiology profession.