How to Apply to the Paramedic Academy
Applications accepted on a continuous basis!
Step 1: Complete the following
- Apply to Mt. SAC online
- Get your student identification number
- Set up a student email account
- Take your placement tests with the Assessment Center
Step 2: Complete the following
- Download Paramedic Academy application (PDF)
- Submit completed application in person to Public Safety Programs 28B-214 OR mail completed applications to: Mt. San Antonio College, Attn: Michelle Navarro, 1100 N. Grand Ave., Walnut CA 91789.
Step 3: Send in the following documents in person, by mail or email
- Current BLS/CPR for First Responders card
- Current California EMT card
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- Valid CA DMV Ambulance Driver’s License
- EMT Experience letter from your Employer, verifying 1200 hours completed with a percentage breakdown of number of IFT/Transport hours as well as 911 response hours. This letter must be on official letterhead with a “wet” signature
- Military applicants need to provide your DD-214 form.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Official College Transcripts
- Mt. SAC English and Math placement tests results with minimum eligibility for English 68, Math 51, and Read 90. The placement tests may be waived if you have a Bachelor’s Degree from a California UC or Cal State school. Your counselor can provide more information.
- Proof of Mt. SAC College Orientation completion.