Online Learning Support Center (OLSC)
A Faculty Resource for Teaching with Technology in the Library & Learning Resources Division.
The OLSC supports all Mt. SAC faculty in their use of education technology for all course types, traditional, hybrid, and fully online. We are here to
- provide ideas
- offer information and training in education technology
- promote best practices and innovation for technology use in the classroom.
Drop by the OLSC office in Building 6, Room 262 to find out more about cool ways you can save time, simplify administrative tasks, engage students, and gain new digital tools for your teaching toolkit.
THE OLSC OFFERS FACULTY:
- MOODLEROOMS SUPPORT/COURSE DESIGN ASSISTANCE
- Learn basics and best practices for Moodlerooms
- Attend an in-person or online workshop on using Moodlerooms or other learning technology
- Find out about free or campus-licensed software for teaching and learning
- DISTANCE LEARNING INFORMATION
- Find out what you need to teach distance learning (DL, or online) courses
- Learn about SPOT: Skills and Pedagogy for Online Learning, Mt. SAC's DL certification for professors
- INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPORT
- Get instructional design support to upgrade the technology use in your courses
- Make sure your technology use and materials follow all policies and regulations
Looking for something else?
OLSC supports faculty and provides information to faculty about distance learning. Here are some other online support services available on Mt. SAC campus:
- IT Support The information technology (IT) department resolves internet, network, facilities, or technology problems. To get help on an IT-related issue, contact the help desk, or visit the IT web page.
- Moodlerooms Support for Students This page answers the most common student questions about using Moodlerooms, and leads students to the right resources should they need additional support.