Online Learning Support Center (OLSC)
We are part of the Library & Learning Resources Division.
The OLSC supports Mt. SAC faculty in their use of education technology. OLSC services are available to all faculty at Mt. SAC for all course types, traditional and online. We are here to provide ideas on how to integrate technology into lessons and courses, and to promote best practices and innovation in education technology use. To that end, the OLSC offers training, advice, and support for many types of education technology. The OLSC is available for individual faculty or entire departments to help develop digital assignments and teaching tools that engage students.
|Moodlerooms is getting a responsive layout in Winter 2016. Details here. For more about Moodlerooms, look under Course Design Support.|
A FEW SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE OLSC
- COURSE DESIGN SUPPORT
- Learn the basics and best practices for Moodlerooms
- Attend an in-person or online workshop on using Moodlerooms or other learning technology
- Find out about free or campus-licensed software for teaching and learning
- DISTANCE LEARNING
- Find out what you need to teach distance learning (DL, or online) courses
- Learn about SPOT: Skills and Pedagogy for Online Learning, Mt. SAC's DL certification for professors
- INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPORT
- Get instructional design support to upgrade the technology use in your courses
- Make sure your technology use and materials follow all policies and regulations
Drop by the OLSC office in Building 6, Room 262 to find out more about cool ways you can save time, simplify administrative tasks, engage students, and gain new digital tools for your teaching toolkit.
Looking for something else?
The mission of the OLSC is to support all faculty who teach with technology, and to provide information to faculty about distance learning. Here are some other online support services available on Mt. SAC campus:
- IT Support The information technology (IT) department resolves internet, network, facilities, or technology problems. To get help on an IT-related issue, contact the help desk, or visit the IT web page.