HESI A2 Assessment Testing
HESI A2 Assessment testing is only for students applying to the Nursing Program at Mt. San Antonio College. For best results, it is recommended that all Nursing prerequisites be completed prior to taking this test.
- Testing will be scheduled during the open application periods.
Seats are limited. Reserve you seat early before sessions fill. No walk-ins will be allowed. There will be no other dates and times for testing during the current application period.
Available testing dates and times are:
|January 19, 2018||11:00 AM-3:30 PM||Closed|
|January 26, 2018||8:00 AM- 12:30 PM||Closed|
|January 26, 2018||2:00 PM- 6:30 PM||Closed|
|February 2, 2018||8:00 AM- 12:30 PM||Closed|
To reserve your seat to take the HESI-A2 Exam please contact the Nursing Program via email at nursingAT_mtsac.edu with the following information:
- First, Middle, and Last Name (please do not use nick names, use legal name only)
- SAC student ID number (Students must hold a current Mt. SAC student ID# in order to be eligible to take the exam. If you have not attended classes here in the last semester, you need to re-apply to the college to reactivate your student ID#)
- Please list two preferred dates to take the exam as a First Choice and a Second Choice.
- Upon receipt of the above information, the Nursing Department will send you a confirmation email within 4 days with your appointed date and time to take the HESI-A2 Exam. (If you do not see your confirmation please check your spam folder, as well.) If any of the above information is missing, we cannot process your request.
- Always check your portal for your Mt. SAC email. It is not recommended to forward Mt. SAC email to personal email.
NOTE: If you are unable to test on your scheduled test date, please notify the Nursing Program via email at least 24 hours in advanced.
HESI-A2 Exam date instructions:
- Please bring the confirmation email as well as a photo ID on the day of the exam. (You may show us the confirmation email on your smart phone)
- You may park in Lot B and must purchase a day parking pass for $4.00. The machines are located on the lot.
- This is a 4-hour timed test. Students arriving fifteen minutes late will not be allowed to take the exam.
- Please arrive at least fifteen minutes before the exam time.
- No Calculators are allowed
- Bring a pen and pencil. Scratch paper will be provided.
- HESI scores that cannot be validated will result in the application being rejected.
- Students passing the HESI A2 exam with a score of 70% or greater at Mt. SAC, may not retake the test.
Students will be graded on the following subjects only:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Reading Comprehension
- Learning Styles and Personality traits will be assessed, but not graded.
If you should have any questions, you may contact the Nursing Department office at: (909) 274-4560.
HESI-A2 Exam- Important Information
Please read carefully.
HESI-A2 Assessment testing is only for students applying to the Nursing Program at Mt. San Antonio College. A minimum composite score of 70% on the HESI Assessment 2 test is required for eligibility to apply to the Nursing Program. For best results, it is recommended that all Nursing prerequisites be completed prior to taking this test. Students scoring less than 70% will be required to complete a Remediation Plan/review contract prior to retaking the HESI exam. The review contract may take one year to complete.
HESI scores that cannot be validated will result in the application being rejected.
If you have taken the HESI-A2 exam prior and received a composite score less than 70%, you may NOT take it again until you have completed a remediation plan given to you by the director of the Nursing Program. Doing so, will disqualify you from applying to the Nursing Program here at Mt. SAC. Please email the department at nursingAT_mtsac.edu to schedule an appointment with the director if you need a remediation plan. Please include:
- Full Name
- SAC student ID#
- Date of exam
- Score received
Disabled Students Program and Services (ACCESS) Bldg. 9B First floor (909) 274-4290.
Students requiring ACCESS accommodations need to submit current documentation from ACCESS to the Director of Nursing with the required accommodations listed at least two weeks prior to their scheduled test date so that arrangements can be made. Please email your ACCESS documentation to Mrs. Denise Condra, Interim Director of Nursing, at dcondraAT_mtsac.edu
Upon receipt of your documentation, Mrs. Condra will contact you with further instructions prior to your test date.
Have you taken the HESI Assessment 2 test outside of Mt SAC?
- HESI A2 tests taken at a location other than Mt. SAC must contain the five graded areas listed above.
- Must be completed within one year of applying to the Nursing Program.
- Transcripts must be received from Elsevier prior to the closing of the application period.
- Contact Elsevier to have transcripts emailed to: nursingAT_mtsac.edu
- HESI A2 scores that cannot be validated will result in the application being rejected.