Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
NOTE: EMT will return beginning Winter/Spring of 2017! We will offer one section of EMT initially and expand in following semesters.
The Emergency Medical Technician Program is comprised of 2 courses, EMT 90A and EMT 90. You must take and pass EMT 90-A to enter EMT 90 in the semester immediately following EMT 90-A. You MUST take BOTH courses to fulfill the curriculum content for the EMT certification. Most surrounding community colleges follow a similar 2-semester format.
Questions? Please contact the Technology & Health Division Office at Ext. 4750. *Contact the Division Office for confirmation. If you need a class sooner, please refer to the Los Angeles County EMS Agency website or CA State EMS Authority website for approved EMT programs. Each county has its own EMS agency. You can similarly find information from the Inland Counties Emergency Medical Authority (ICEMA) or the Orange County EMS Agency by entering the agency name in your browser.
- Students must be 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Free from criminal convictions; this will include a background check (See FAQ section and web links to the CA EMS Authority)
- Have a medical clearance to operate in the field and hospital medical environment without restriction. This includes a full drug and alcohol screen (See FAQ #3 for details regarding physicals and background checks).
- Must be up-to-date on vaccines
- Completion of an application to Mt. San Antonio College
We offer our EMT classes each year, in the fall and spring semesters. Please see the Schedule of Classes (available for viewing on the mtsac.edu Home page) for these semesters for exact start dates. The classes are: Mon and Wed from 1200 - 5:00.
Refresher Course: Due to California budget constraints, our EMT 91 (Refresher Course) is not currently offered. Please consult the L.A. EMS Agency website for further details and programs that offer refresher courses, Skills Competency Verifications and CE Units. CLICK HERE