Web Redesign Goals
The web redesign will make the college website more usable for all of audiences, but with special attention to prospective students. The redesigned site will guide users to find the information that they need as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
The goals to make the website more Audience-Focused include:
- Serving a primary web audience of prospective students while serving the needs of current students and members of the community.
- Developing a user-centric information architecture and navigation instead of organization driven information architecture.
- Helping the most vulnerable audiences understand our programs and offerings.
The goals to make the website more Brand Strengthening include:
- Developing a modernized, cohesive and appealing visual design incorporating Mt. SAC branding standards.
- Displaying the strongest qualities of our campus.
- Reflecting the campus honestly.
- Setting the campus apart from competitors.
- Maintaining or improving our search engine ranking.
- Increasing leads by capturing information or engaging people online.
- Increasing conversions by making clear calls to action.
The goals to make the website More Efficient include:
- Enhancing institutional practices through the web.
- Empowering employees with well organized, easy to find information.
- Shifting to a responsive design that works on desktops and mobile devices.
- Improving functionality for more positive user experiences.
- Increasing use of the content management system (OmniUpdate).
- Removing of redundant or outdated pages