The purpose of the Transfer Math Activities Resource Center (TMARC) is to provide a positive place where math can be discussed and investigated so that learning may be achieved, and to provide support through various means such as tutoring, computer tutorials, videos and computer software so that students may succeed in their math classes.
To use the TMARC:
- Students must be currently enrolled at Mt. SAC in Math 100 or above.
- Students must be registered to attend the lab. Registration is open all semester and is free.
- Students must be clocked into the facility using your current Mt. SAC Student ID.
- Students must be working on math pertaining to the math class(es) in which they are enrolled at Mt. SAC.
- Snack food is allowed, and drinks that can be sealed are allowed.
- Phones calls are to be taken or received outside the lab. Cell phones are to be on vibrate or very low tone. Texting, scheduling, etc. may be done in a limited manner provided that your primary focus and task is working on math.
- Noise related to math is encouraged.
- Groups or individuals working at white boards is encouraged.
- Listening to music through headset is permitted provided the music isn't so loud as to permit all to hear.
- Short breaks after working may be taken without clocking out. Extended breaks (over 10 minutes) or repeated breaks must be taken after clocking out.
Failure to comply with the rules or directions from a staff member can result in loss of borrowing or use of facility privileges.